July 4th and Summer SangriaPosted: July 6, 2013
Happy Independence Day everyone! Hopefully everyone enjoyed the holiday. We had a relaxing party on my back porch with a hodge-podge of red, white, and blue decor. I used a lace table cloth and a red and blue star printed burlap cloth as a table runner, along with some blue plates and red chargers to get into the holiday spirit. I’m loving the idea of using burlap as a table runner for summer parties – Joann Fabrics has such cute patterns that add such spunk to the table.
For our main drink, I made a patriotic sangria. The recipe is fairly simple:
- 2 bottles dry white wine (I used Trader Joe’s Two Buck Chuck Chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup of vodka (I used whipped vodka, which gave the sangria a lightly vanilla flavor)
- 1/2 cup of limoncello (you could also replace this with triple sec or maybe peach schnapps)
- 1 package of blueberries
- 1 package of strawberries, sliced
- 1 pineapple, cut into chunks
Combine all of the ingredients into a pitcher and let them soak together for a couple of hours, then, enjoy!
We also used a couple sparklers I found in my desk drawer that have been languishing there since I don’t know when. They were so much fun that I think I might track down more for my birthday.
I hope everyone’s been having a good week,